Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm on the GRID


Well.

I'm beginning to feel a lot more connected. I have a bank account and a working phone, complete with a super long phone number and a + sign.

Let me tell you something about Hungary. There is paperwork for DAYS. Everything must be stamped and there is a long, drawn out, possibly impossible process for everything.

Including you, T Mobile lady. She was NOT stoked on helping us with anything and finally the end solution was to purchase the damn sim card (oh and there is no let's just try it out and see in this country either) and when and only if I make the phone work, can I come back and purchase a plan. Holy, holy.

My mother gave me the skinny on Hungarian customer service. It begins with an N and ends with an O and they will try selling you the most expensive option.

Basically, i'm starting to miss the good ol' customers always right policy in the US.

I'm pretty sure we were scoffed at.

Aside from that bonanza there was the adventure of getting the phone back to the condo and unlocking it through a series of internet tutorials and random application downloads.

6 hours later, and voila, I have a Hungarian phone. Oh and my first text message:


I am happy to report that everyone else in the city has been pleasant and accommodating.

Today my mother and I are going to ride the bus and figure out the direct route I need to take to school. I've since located my camera and cannot wait to go on this little mini adventure.

I just wish it were about 40 degrees warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment