Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Every Man For Himself!


SUCCESS!

We have figured out two routes to the school, both of which take approximately 25 minutes. The joy! I love my sleep and I also love the simplicity. Everything is falling into place. It was colder than crap today and the views were not so awesome, and I refuse to photograph such a beautiful city when it's not at it's best. And you called it, i'm lazy.

My school. My school is much like the one I just graduated from: functional. Sure I had dreams of what vintage the building would be and if there would be grand lion statues on either side of the master entrance but... not so much. It's an office building. You hear that AIC? You got me. Elevators and all.

I'm really excited to start next week, it will give me something to focus on.

There is something interesting I learned today about my mother. Something I learned while walking through the city with her. She is a die hard subscriber to the "everyman for himself" european policy.

Let me explain. In America we walk together, have conversations, break the line of contact only to let other people through.... in Hungary they get there as fast as possible and worry not of their friends/family. Either you get there fast or not at all, who cares about together or at the same time. Hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment