Sunday, January 24, 2010

Denver to Frankfurt

It took nine hours to go 5,026 miles.

I was seated in what could be described as a two part mini-series of annoyance. Episode one was the lady in front who was a FAR leaner. The person who takes the seat back to its breaking point and then leans into it with her entire upper body thus depriving me of four more inches.

The crazy lady behind me was a seat sleeper. Meaning she slept with her head on the back of my seat. This meant that she essentially punched me in the back of the head for the entire flight.

It was somewhere over Chicago that my mother delivered the most glorious news - the bathrooms were DOWNSTAIRS. It was in that instant that I realized that I was fulfilling one of my life goals. Fly on a plane much like the one in Turbulence starring Ray Liotta.

We got two meals, and I read all of Chelsea Handler's "Are you there Vodka? It's me Chelsea"

and whoever called that I wouldn't feel the enormity of moving to a new country until I was on the plane was right......


No comments:

Post a Comment