Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm American

So i've slowed my blog roll. I've been hanging out, studying and trying to get used to this new atmosphere.

Along with language courses, there are also a few that i've unwittingly signed up for.

Included are: Advanced Buearucracy and social politics in post Communist Eastern Europe.

I find here that there is still a very strong presence of the "iron curtain". People have heavy hearts. It's almost contagious.

I find myself saying "In my country we CAN" as much as people here are saying "In my country we CAN'T"

It's completely eye opening. I don't think I would have been able to grasp the freedoms afforded to me by my own government without this trip. I can (and yes this is corny) say now that I understand what it is to be American. To experience the way they do things here, the way they handle customer relations and the way they handle official dealings. It's strange.

I've been having a few hang-ups, with my school and with the immigration office, but i'm determined to see them through. It has to work out, and it will if I believe.

My class is starting to get really difficult as this language builds on itself. It's amazing, and quite beautiful.

Tonight i've been invited to see a show with some new friends, and that will definitely help me de-stress and get ready for next week.

Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I understand. U r not like them, they're not like u.
    Relax, u be cool and they be tasty, if somewhat confusing.
    Just dont forget to have fun, ok? ;)

    Meanwhile back in 'America': http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/epic-beard-man

    ReplyDelete